Viking Imports is committed to comply with all privacy laws. This policy describes the type of personal information we collect about our suppliers and buyers, how we use the information, whom we share it with and the rights available to the suppliers and buyers in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The policy outlines:
- The kind of information we collect;
- How we collect and hold the information;
- The purpose to collect and use your personal information.
- Your rights to seek access and correction of your personal information and how
- To contact us about privacy matters.
Information We Collect
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our supplier program, Food Quality Code compliance, insurance or business activities.
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it on our site, our social media platforms or at one of our events.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You may voluntarily choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in a customer account application and credit application on our site.
The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information of company or sole trader (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Business name
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Credit watch report checks
- Your goods offered to be imported/delivered
From Resellers and Distributor
We may obtain Personal Data about you from the resellers and distributors that are in business with us and provide goods and services to you.
How We Use The Information
The information you provide to us during your credit application and supplier agreement arrangements is collected for the primary purpose of completing the supplier/distribution agreement. In other circumstances the primary reason we collect information is to help ensure that the information provided to you about our products and services is relevant. We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you materials or other communications
- Do a credit check and collect accounts receivable
- Provide services to you
- Process your payment card transactions
- Assist in investigations and to respond to your inquiries or complaints
- Operate and communicate with you
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business
- Manage our everyday business needs
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, food quality industry standards and our policies
When you provide your personal details, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, or open an email from us, or click on our online or mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us by email.
You can at any time tell us not to send you communications by email by contacting us.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
You may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You have the right to request for your personal information to be corrected.
How We Protect Personal Information
We store your personal information using paper records and a secured electronic record system. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How to Contact Us